Class Etiquette and Studio Policies
Halestone instructors and staff promote and model appropriate dance etiquette and behavior both in and outside the studio. You can help us provide a professional, nurturing, safe, and creative environment in our lobby, dressing rooms and studio by following our studio policies.
Rules to Follow:
- Arrive Prepared. Dancers are expected to arrive for class on time with their class uniform, dance shoes, and other class equipment (including hair bands or pins for securing buns and other appropriate hairstyles). We have multiple dressing rooms and bathrooms for students to change. Please allow enough time for your child to dress and be prepared before class begins.
- Do not leave children under the age of 10 unattended at the studio. Please plan to stay at the studio with your child until the start of class and to arrive promptly at the end of class to pick them up.
- Hair must be styled securely, pulled away from the face and off the neck with bangs cut above the eyebrows or pinned back so that the dancer’s vision is not obscured and hair is not slapping the face when performing turns. Hair merely tucked behind the ears is NOT considered secure.
- Female dancers in Ballet must wear their hair in a bun. If hair is too short to fashion in a bun, follow the above stated guidelines for a secured hairstyle that does not interfere with class participation.
- Jewelry must be removed before class. Wristwatches, necklaces, large rings on ears or fingers, and bracelets on wrists or ankles are a potential hazard should they catch on clothing, hair, or other dancers. Small, non-dangling earrings are allowed.
- Jeans are not allowed in dance class.
- Dance Shoes must be worn for studio use only. Street shoes or dance shoes worn as street shoes (traveling from the car to studio) are NOT allowed in the studio since even small traces of dirt or grease cause damage to the studio floors and make it unsanitary for dancers performing floor exercises during class. When purchasing shoes for class, dancers must buy the dance shoes specified for their class (see Dress Code tab). Shoes manufactured for street use damage the studio floors and leave behind hard to remove marks on the soft wood and vinyl surfaces.
- Bare Feet must be washed and clean before entering the studio for class.
- Spill-proof water bottles are recommended for all students in all classes.