Halestone COVID Safety Plan
This is what we expect of you:
- Students and families will wear a mask at all times on Halestone’s premises (during class, before and after class, when dropping students off)*
- Students should arrive already dressed to dance whenever possible (our changing area and lobby will be closed)
- Students (age 6 and above) should wash their hands before and after class
- No parents or additional family members will be allowed in our lobby or studio. Families should drop students off by knocking on the lobby door and delivering students to a Halestone staff member (Exceptions are made for Creative Movement A and Adult & Me. Additional exceptions can be requested by parents of 3 and 4 year old students. All exceptions will be approved by the director; teachers cannot grant exceptions.)
- This staff member will check the student’s temperature.
- Students with a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees will be asked to leave
- Anyone entering the studio will enter through the lobby door and leave through the studio door so that traffic will only flow in one direction (Adult & Me and Creative Movement A do not need to follow this flow)
- If anyone (students or teachers) needs to take off their mask outside for a break or to take a sip of water that they should only touch the straps of their mask and use hand sanitizer.
- Students in classes longer than 1 hour should consider taking a break midway through and switch to a fresh mask, washing hands before and after putting on new masks
- Wash your masks at home after each dance class
- Help us by screening your children at home and keeping them home when they are sick or have any of the following symptoms:
- fever or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- headache, new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting
- Inform us if students or families may have attended school or group activity in which there is a suspected or confirmed case of infection
- Refrain from coming to Halestone for 10 days or until a negative COVID test has been confirmed
*Children in Adult & Me and those under 3 years old will not be required to wear a mask, but all other family members will be.
Thank you for following these new policies designed to keep our dancing community safe.
This is what we are doing:
- Cloth face coverings are mandatory for staff, teachers, and students (and for anyone on our premises, inside and outside)
- Staff and teachers have temperature checks when they arrive
- Staff and teachers wash hands when they arrive at the studio and between consecutive classes
- Halestone will limit enrollment of fall classes when necessary to be able to maintain 6 ft separation on-site
- 6 ft separation practiced on-site
- The dance studio is taped off into 6 ft squares for reinforcement
- Limiting the use of props and shared materials
- Disinfecting props and equipment before and after use
- All common surface areas frequently wiped/sprayed with disinfectant
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the building
- Adjusting the class schedule to allow staff to clean the floor with an alcohol solution between classes
- Halestone will use fans to blow air out of the studio when practical.
- Halestone is encouraging teachers to take classes outside and dance outside when appropriate for the age, curriculum and style of the class.
- If Halestone is informed that a student or staff member has come in contact with COVID-19 Halestone will inform everyone who was in contact with that person at Halestone and tell everyone to self-quarantine for 10 days. The class that the contact happened at might meet on Zoom during that 10-day period. In cases when class cannot meet on Zoom, class will be canceled during the 10-day period. The identities of individuals will be kept confidential.
- Staff and instructors will self-screen and will not come to Halestone if they are sick or have any of the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- Staff and instructors will inform Halestone if they may have attended any group activity in which there is a suspected or confirmed case of infection. They will refrain from coming to Halestone for 10 days or until a negative COVID test has been confirmed.
- Halestone staff and instructors are working on contingency plans if instruction needs to return to online/distance learning at any point during the semester.